|Organizational unit||Interdisciplinary Doctoral School|
|Field of studies||Architecture and Urban Planning|
|Form of studies||Full-time|
|Language(s) of instruction||English, Polish|
|Office opening hours||Od poniedziałku do piątku w godzinach 9:00-12:00|
|Ask a question|
- Phase 1 (23.05.2019 00:01 – 14.07.2019 23:59)
Schedule of the Doctoral School enrolment procedure:registration in IRK:
- registration in IRK: from 23 May 2019 to 14 July 2019;
- submission of documents: from 23 May 2019 to 19 July 2019;
- first stage of the enrolment procedure: from 22 July 2019 to 9 August 2019;
- completion of the first stage of the enrolment procedure (admission to interview): 9 August 2019;
- publication of the ranking list: 9 August 2019;
- second stage of the enrolment procedure – interviews: from 9 September 2019 to 14 September 2019;
- publication of the list of persons admitted to the Doctoral School: 17 September 2019.
Form of the selection procedure:
Stage I: evaluation of the research project and the completeness of documents;
Stage II: an interview comprising a presentation related to a research project combined with an evaluation of the candidate’s experience and scientific achievements. The interview shall not include an examination.
Language of the enrolment procedure, including interviews:
The interview shall be conducted in Polish with elements of English or entirely in English as chosen by the candidate.
- the application generated in IRK, stating the subject-matter of the application, including the chosen discipline in which the candidate plans to pursue education, PESEL [Personal Identification Number] or passport number, nationality, contact details (address, e-mail address, telephone number), information whether the candidate gives their consent to receive administrative decisions by electronic means and signature;
- a diploma of completion of the long-cycle Master’s degree programme or second-cycle programme or an equivalent diploma obtained under separate regulations, or a declaration that the diploma or certificate of obtaining a Master’s degree shall be provided by 16 September 2019; if the diploma or certificate is not provided by this date, the selection committee shall refuse to admit the candidate to the Doctoral School;
- a resumé or curriculum vitae containing information about the candidate’s scientific interests and scientific activity from 1 October 2014 onwards, subject to § 18 section 7, in particular publications, research work in scientific associations, participation in scientific conferences, participation in research projects, awards, distinctions, research internships and possible recommendations from academics;
- documents confirming the command of foreign languages and a declaration about the command of English to the extent enabling the education in the Doctoral School;
- a description of the initial research project proposal (maximum 6,000 characters with a bibliography – in the case of QPE programme, maximum 12,000 and a bibliography). The proposal shall include elements of the use of achievements in at least two scientific disciplines, indicating the leading discipline, or a proposal of a single discipline (but multidisciplinary) project whose aim is to obtain a degree in a field of study without the need to indicate the leading discipline;
- a declaration of the planned supervisor about their willingness to be the candidate’s supervisor if the candidate is entered on the list of doctoral students and about the number of doctoral students for whom they are the designated supervisor;
- one photograph;
- consent to the processing of personal data for the purposes of the selection procedure.
Evaluation criteria and method:
- a description of the research project (maximum number of points: 30);
- scientific achievements on the basis of the information included in a resumé or curriculum vitae (maximum number of points: 25);
- interview (maximum number of points: 45), including the following:
- a presentation of a scientific topic related to the research project, prepared by the candidate (0–20 points);
- discussion with the candidate on the justification of the appropriateness of the research area for the proposed research problems and methods, knowledge of the subject, substantive knowledge, linguistic correctness and ability to use the scientific language (0–25 points).
In the case of multi-author achievements, the percentage share of the candidate in the achievement must be defined.
The education lasts 4 years. It includes obligatory classes (no more than 240 hours in total during the whole period of education) and the implementation of an individual research program, carried out under the supervision of a supervisor. Beginning of education - October 1, 2019.
Doctoral student works under the direction of at least two supervisors.
On the Doctoral Schools website you will find a list of potential supervisors - https://szkolydoktorskie.uw.edu.pl/en/promotorzy
During the four years of study, each PhD student receives a scholarship in the amount of PLN 2371.70 for the first two years of studies (before the mid-term evaluation) and PLN 3653.70 in the next two years after the mid-term evaluation. Supplement for people with disabilities: PLN 711,51.