|Organizational unit||Doctoral School of Humanities|
|Area/discipline||-, Archeology, Arts|
|Form of studies||Full-time|
|Language(s) of instruction||English, French, Polish|
|Office opening hours||Krakowskie Przedmieście 1
tel: 22 55 20 262
|Ask a question|
- Phase 1 (01.06.2019 00:01 – 05.07.2019 23:59)
Archeologia - lista rankingowa po I etapie postępowania rekrutacyjnego
Schedule of the Doctoral School enrolment procedure:registration in IRK:
- from 1 June 2019 to 5 July 2019;
- acceptance of documents: from 1 June 2019 to 8 July 2019;
- first round of the enrolment procedure: from 8 July 2019 to 18 July 2019;
- result of the enrolment procedure in the first round: 18 July 2019;
- second round of the enrolment procedure: from 2 September 2019 to 13 September 2019;
- publication of the ranking list: 16 September 2019;
- publication of the list of persons admitted to the Doctoral School: 17 September 2019.
Form of the selection procedure:
Stage I: evaluation of the research project and the completeness of documents;
Stage II: an interview and evaluation of the candidate’s experience and scientific achievements. The interview shall not include an examination.
Language of the enrolment procedure, including interviews:
Polish or English as chosen by the candidate.
- the application generated in IRK, stating the subject-matter of the application, including the chosen discipline in which the candidate plans to pursue education, PESEL [Personal Identification Number] or passport number, nationality, contact details (address, e-mail address, telephone number), information whether the candidate gives their consent to receive administrative decisions by electronic means and signature;
- a diploma of completion of the long-cycle Master’s degree programme or second-cycle programme or an equivalent diploma obtained under separate regulations, or a declaration that the diploma or certificate of obtaining a Master’s degree shall be provided by 16 September 2019; if the diploma or certificate is not provided by this date, the selection committee shall refuse to admit the candidate to the Doctoral School;
- a resumé or curriculum vitae containing information about the candidate’s scientific interests and scientific activity from 1 October 2014 onwards, subject to § 18 section 7, in particular publications, research work in scientific associations, participation in scientific conferences, participation in research projects, awards, distinctions, research internships and possible recommendations from academics;
- documents confirming the command of foreign languages and a declaration about the command of English to the extent enabling the education in the Doctoral School;
- a description of the initial research project proposal ((maximum 6000 characters with spaces) + bibliography + abstract (up to 1000 characters with spaces));
- a declaration of the planned supervisor about their willingness to be the candidate’s supervisor if the candidate is entered on the list of doctoral students and about the number of doctoral students for whom they are the designated supervisor;
- one photograph;
- consent to the processing of personal data for the purposes of the selection procedure.
A declaration concerning certificates, awards, distinctions, professional and teaching experience, completed courses and training, achievements in the field of popularization of science.
Evaluation criteria and method:
In the first stage of the enrolment procedure, the selection committee shall evaluate the research project submitted by the candidate (maximum number of points: 40).
The project shall be evaluated for the following:
- clearly formulated objective of the research (0–10 points);
- novelty and originality of the research project (0–10 points);
- methodology appropriate for the objective, consistency of argumentation, clarity of argument (0–10 points);
- state of the art and the bibliography relevant to achieving the research objective (0–10 points).
In the second stage of the enrolment procedure, the selection committee shall evaluate the candidate’s experience and scientific achievements, and shall conduct interviews (total maximum number of points: 60).
Scientific achievements may include the following (0–15 points):
- scientific articles;
- chapters in multi-author monographs;
- own monographs;
- speeches at national and international scientific conferences with the accepted paper;
- publications in reviewed materials of international conferences.
In the case of multi-author achievements, it shall be necessary to define the percentage share of the candidate in the achievement.
Other elements of evaluation of the candidate’s experience and scientific achievements may include awards, distinctions, certificates, professional experience, teaching experience, courses, training, popularization of science, etc. (0–5 points).
The following shall be evaluated during the interview (maximum number of points: 40):
- the candidate’s competence important from the perspective of conducted research (0–20 points);
- justification of the appropriateness of the choice of discipline for the proposed research problems and methods (0–10 points);
- outline of the research plan (0–10 points).
Persons who received at least 50% of the maximum number of points in the first stage of the enrolment procedure shall be admitted to the second stage of the enrolment procedure, in which the interview and scientific achievements of the candidate described in the CV or resumé shall be evaluated. The maximum number of points to be obtained in the second stage of the enrolment procedure is specified in the Appendix to the Resolution.
Admission to the Doctoral School shall be conditional on being on the ranking list within the admissions limit for a given discipline and obtaining a minimum of 51 points in the entire selection procedure. In the case of IDS, the place, within the admissions limit for the whole School, on the ranking list shall be decisive, provided that the candidate has obtained at least 51 points in the whole enrolment procedure.
The education lasts 4 years. It includes obligatory classes (no more than 240 hours in total during the whole period of education) and the implementation of an individual research program, carried out under the supervision of a supervisor. Beginning of education - October 1, 2019.
The doctoral student works under the direction of the supervisor. The supervisor's selection declaration should be submitted at the time of submitting recruitment documents.
On the Doctoral Schools website you will find a list of potential supervisors - https://szkolydoktorskie.uw.edu.pl/en/promotorzy
During the four years of study, each PhD student receives a scholarship in the amount of PLN 2371.70 for the first two years of studies (before the mid-term evaluation) and PLN 3653.70 in the next two years after the mid-term evaluation. Supplement for people with disabilities: PLN 711,51.